We are seeking a Level I Operator for our Production Team. This position is an entry level, technical/mechanical position within production manufacturing. This employee will be assigned to a senior level Operator for training to perform all duties associated with the position.
This is a full-time, temporary to permanent, on-site position with a starting hourly rate of $15.00. A full benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as multiple supplemental plan options, 401k + employer match, paid time off, paid holidays, eligibility for our year end discretionary bonus program, and monthly employee recognition lunches are offered to F/T, W-2 employees. Please note this is not a remote position. Qualified candidates must be ready, willing, and able to work primarily from our Fort Myers, FL manufacturing facilities and occasionally work from our Cape Coral, FL Corporate HQ on a F/T basis. This position has a non-negotiable, compressed work schedule of Monday through Thursday, from 6:00am – 4:30pm.
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Must become familiar with, practice, and support Toyota Production System (TPS) standards and culture and maintain throughout employment.
- Must have proficient and basic computer skills and experience for communication such as email, record keeping, documentation, etc., specifically with MS Office 365 applications and have current familiarity with Oracle NetSuite, or a similar ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system, or must be ready, willing, and able to learn within a reasonable timeframe.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents in such as safety rules, standard operating procedures, and work instructions.
- Must have the ability to comprehend and present written and verbal communications to trainer and/or supervisor.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Must have a basic ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and can use a desktop calculator.
- Must have the ability to safely use warehousing tools and/or equipment such as a pallet jack, hand truck, tape dispenser, etc.
- Must have a recent forklift certification in good standing or must have the ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a forklift certification within 90 days of position acceptance, if deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Must have an employment history/record that is free and clear of any serious infractions within the past 18 months including, but not limited to, a history free and clear of limitations which may cause/may have caused safety concerns, issues, incidents and/or accidents.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have a valid US driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Adhere to all current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) and general safety guidelines and training.
- Collaborate and interface with cross-functional teams or departments as needed, such as, Supply Chain, Quality, etc.
- Participate with ensuring the production team achieves safety, quality, and production goals.
- Follow production schedule guidelines and understand deadlines.
- Learn equipment and processes to assist with completing line set-ups, breakdowns, and changeovers and overall production.
- Participate in solving problems and issues with team members using mature and professional mannerisms while treating all team members with dignity and respect.
- Monitor and inspect product quality continuously.
- Perform periodic product quality checks, initial and date batch records as needed.
- Recognize product quality defects; understand and utilize the provided specifications for each product.
- Understand how and when to stop production line to contain problems at every appropriate instance.
- Seek assistance from senior operators, coordinators, shift supervisors, Quality or Maintenance personnel as needed and as required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the minimum required hourly output for the product that is running.
- Report injuries, regardless of their severity, as soon as they happen.
- Recognize what needs to be done and take the initiative with a positive attitude to complete tasks.
- Follow all sanitary and GMP guidelines and always wear appropriate PPE in designated areas.
- Assist in sanitation of the production room and equipment at the end of each production shift.
- Maintain a clean, safe, organized work area and correct all unsafe conditions immediately; report those which cannot be immediately corrected to senior team members and/or supervisor.
- Local travel to affiliate company locations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Competencies & Qualifications:
Preferred, but not required, are skills and some experience with consumable manufacturing, manufacturing machine operation, and/or other technical/mechanical skills.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should reply to this job advertisement with an updated resume reflecting current contact information. Qualified Candidates may also apply by visiting our Corporate HQ in Cape Coral to complete an employment application and background/reference check authorization.
Employees who wish to take advantage of the Employee Referral Program should refer to the program rules in the 2022 PMP Company Handbook and/or in your PayChex Documents.